20 November 2005

419 scam spam going round...

we received this in the ol inbox from our new pal mohammed...we removed the email addresses to protect the naive. here is what the secret service says about "advance fee" fraud.

Dear Friend, Good day
email addres; moha_ab234@[removed].com

I got your contact through my private search, I therefore decided to contact
you .I am the second son of General Sanni Abacha, the late Military Head of
State of Nigeria.

When my father was alive I used to move funds, in cash, running into
millions of United States dollars to Brazil, Lebanon and other parts of the
world, for safe keeping on behalf of my father.

However, on the eve of my father's death in June 8, 1998, he gave me the sum
of US$40.3(FORTY MILLION THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) in
cash to move to Lebanon as usual, but immediately my father died I had to
move the fund to HOLLAND through a diplomatic courier service to a Zenith
Security Company in HOLLAND.

The funds have been in the security company in HOLLAND since July 1998.
However, because of the many restrictions placed on my family by the present
Nigerian Government, I simply cannot travel to HOLLAND to secure the funds
from the security company in HOLLAND.

What I now need from you are as follows:-

1.You should travel to HOLLAND to secure the funds in cash on my behalf and
deposit it in your bank account in your Country.

2.You will be entitled to 30% of the total sum involved for your assistance.

3.As soon as you confirm to me by my above e-mail address your readiness to
travel to

HOLLAND, I will send a copy of my Power of Attorney to the security company
in HOLLAND
authorizing them to release the funds to you.Also the deposit slip/change of
ownership on your name.

4.As soon as you have the fund in your custody, I will give you details of
where and which sector you will invest my share of the funds into, on my
behalf.

5.Please note that this project is 100% risk free, but you must have to keep
it uttermost secret and confidential because of my personal security.

Please contact me immediately through my email
addresses:ahmedaba234@[removed].fr above mail, expect your prompt reply.

Best Regards.
MOHAMMED ABACHA.
====
tags: