24 March 2006

ohhh chad is pissed

saw this post over on the dead pelican right on chad!


SPECIAL STATEMENT ON GOVERNMENT'S ATTEMPTS TO DESTROY THE INTERNET

I’m enraged folks, at a single quote from this column that was forwarded to me today. The column starts by saying that “The Internet continues to confound Congress and the courts when it comes to free speech.”

Uh, excuse me? What right does the congress and the courts have to be thinking about it AT ALL?

The only thing they are allowed to do is PROTECT the current freedoms we have that already exist.

Freedom of speech is a simple prospect: either you have it, or you don’t. I own this domain name and this web page, and as long as the company who hosts it on their server doesn’t have a problem with what I write, then I can get paid however I want by whomever I want and post anything I want.

THAT IS FREEDOM.

Screwing with that in any way whatsoever is government coercion, pure and simple.

I don’t give a damn what the government says- we’ve sacrificed enough of our freedoms in this country over the years and I’ve had it.

I will continue to operate this web site in the exact manner in which I do today, regardless of whatever laws are passed. I am willing to engage in willful civil disobedience if they screw with our right to unregulated internet free speech.

Men have gone to jail and/or died for lesser causes and I’m willing to do both if necessary because I’ve had it with government coercion!

If you agree with me, then get on the phone to your local congressman, senator, mayor, household pet, anyone and everyone who is interested and also those who aren’t.

Let them know you’re mad as hell!

In plain English, here it is: THE INTERNET MUST REMAIN FREE FROM THE KIND OF GOVERNMENT REGULATION ALLUDED TO IN THIS ARTICLE.

If you agree with me, then contact your local officials, national officials, and elected officials that you don’t even know and aren't in your district.

If you disagree with me don’t bother emailing me because you won’t change my mind and frankly I don’t care!

The internet is the last free place on earth and if the government gets its slimy scaly wretched hands on it, IT’S ALL OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--Chad E. Rogers.

FEEL FREE TO DISTRIBUTE THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW
----------------------

====

EXTERNAL LINK